The Hansard Editor is an office in the Parliamentary Service responsible for the records of proceedings of the National Assembly and its Committees. The Hansard Editor is also the official archivist for the National Assembly in charge of custody of all Journals, Reports, Papers, Magazines and National Assembly Proceedings. The duties and responsibilities of the Hansard Editor include:-
- Responsible for coordination and production of the Hansard (Official Record of the National Assembly);
- Editing transcribed records, processing manuscripts, preparing accurate drafts;
- Maintaining a consistent and accurate Hansard publishing format;
- Maintaining an accurate database of Hansard publication;
- Development and maintenance of policies, rules, standards and procedures governing Hansard production;
- Maintaining links with Government Ministries/Department, the public media, and other Commonwealth Editors’ Associations and Unions.