1. DIRECTOR, FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING SERVICES - PSC SCALE 15
(a) Duties and Responsibilities
Provision of the Accounting and Finance services, including:
- Financial control of the whole institution of Parliament;
- Accounting for the money allocated to the Parliament;
- Procurement of goods and services for the Parliament;
- Formulation, interpretation and application of Accounting and Finance policy, procedures, rules and regulations;
- Authorization of all expenditure for the Parliamentary Service Commission;
- Giving guidance in all financial matters of the Parliament;
- Overall preparation of PSC budget;
- Financial Control for Parliament;
- Issuance of Authority to Incur Expenditure (AIE) to units;
- Planning and monitoring of Parliamentary programmes and projects;
- Evaluation of financial implications of major policy changes;
- Co-ordination of donor funding for the Parliament; and
- Linking with Treasury in areas of procurement guidelines, accounting matters and financial regulations as stipulated in the Public Finance Management Act 2012 and PFM regulations 2015.
(b) Requirements for Appointment
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or related fields such as Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or Finance.
- A Masters degree in a relevant field from a recognized Institution.
- Qualified professional in Accounts, Finance or Procurement with either a CPA(K), CFA, CIFA (K) or KISM.
- Served as Deputy Director, Chief Accountant, Chief Finance Officer or Chief Procurement Officer or its equivalent for at least three (3) years.
- Cumulative experience of at least ten (10) years in accountancy / financial management.
- Must be a member of ICPAK or ICIFA or KISM.
- Shown merit in job performance.
Applications must include a cover letter, copies of academic certification and /or testimonials, duly completed Parliamentary Service Commission Job Application Form (Form 1J), which can be filled online at http://parliament.go.ke/jobs/ or downloaded from www.parliament.go.ke/vacancies or obtained from the office of the Head of the Commission Secretariat, 1st Floor, County Hall, Parliament Buildings.
Applications should be addressed to:-
Clerk of the Senate/Secretary
Parliamentary Service Commission,
P. O. Box 41842-00100,
Or hand delivered to the office of the Head of the Commission Secretariat, 1st Floor, County Hall, during office hours or emailed as a PDF file attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received on or before 5th October 2018.
Applications from applicants who do not complete the Parliamentary Service Commission Job Application Form (Form 1J) referred to in this advertisement will NOT be considered.
2. VACANCY NO. PPP/PSC/09/2016: PARLIAMENTARY PUPILAGE PROGRAMME, 2017
The Parliament of Kenya is one of the institutions set out in the Council of Legal Education (Admission) Regulations, 2007 as an institution in which students of the Kenya School of Law may undertake their Pupilage Programme. The Parliamentary Service Commission now seeks to engage six (6) highly motivated Kenyans to undertake their Pupilage Programme with the Parliament of Kenya for a period of six (6) months commencing January, 2017.
The successful pupils shall be selected from applicants who-
- possess at least a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) degree (Upper Second Class Honors) from a recognized University;
- are admitted to the Kenya School of Law;
- demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili, as evidenced by a score of at least a "B" plain grade in both subjects;
- demonstrate a proactive attitude and willingness to learn and to be part of a team handling challenging tasks within specific timelines; and
- are computer literate.
Applicants must complete the Parliamentary Service Commission Job Application Form (Form 1J), which can be downloaded from www.parliament.go.ke or obtained from the Commission reception desk at the Ground Floor, County Hall, Parliament Buildings, Nairobi, during office hours.
The application should be accompanied by a copy of the letter of admission to the Kenya School of Law, certified copies of academic certificates and testimonials. The Application form and copies of certificates and testimonials shall be in a sealed envelope clearly marked "Application for Pupilage 2017" and shall be addressed to:
Clerk of the Senate/Secretary
Parliamentary Service Commission
P.O. Box 41842 – 00100
or hand-delivered to the Commission reception desk at the Ground Floor, County Hall, Parliament Buildings, Nairobi, during office hours or emailed as a PDF file attachment to email@example.com to be received on or before 30th September, 2016.
Applications from applicants who do not complete the Parliamentary Service Commission Job Application Form (Form 1J) referred to in this advertisement WILL NOT be considered.