In order to execute its mandate and thereby fulfill its mission, roles and functions, The CPST has undertaken the development of a Training Curriculum with support from our development partners. Training manuals have been developed in all the six thematic areas to ensure that training service is of high quality.
The framework for the development of the CPST curriculum was based on six thematic areas namely:
- The Constitution and Systems of Governance: for provision of knowledge and information on the basis of people’s representation, the structure of Parliament, devolution and bicameralism.
- Legislative and Procedural Matters: for capacity development of Parliamentarians and staff of Parliament in the areas of House, Committees and Legal Services.
- Information and Public Engagement: to offer courses for the capacity development of Parliamentarians and staff of Parliament in the Library, Research, Public Relations, Media, Clerks and the Hansard services.
- Public Finance Management: to provide courses for Parliamentarians and the staff of Parliament relating to Accounts, Budget, Finance, Procurement and Internal Audit.
- Human resource and Administration of Parliament: to offer courses for capacity development for Parliamentarians and staff of Parliament relating to Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Pensions, Catering, Health and Recreation; and
- Other Facilitative/Cross-Cutting such as ICT, Image Management and Rules of Etiquette; Parliamentary Diplomacy and Protocol; Conflict Management and Gender Mainstreaming in Parliamentary context.