Updated Thursday, 3rd March, 2022
NOTICE FOR SHORTLISTING OF CANDIDATES
The Parliamentary Service Commission wishes to notify applicants for various vacant positions advertised on the 26th of November 2021 that:
1. The first stage of shortlisting has been completed. The candidates listed below will be required to undertake MATRICULATION (aptitude) examination on dates that shall be communicated in due course.
2. Matriculation examinations will be undertaken online through the Parliamentary Service Commission job portal. Instructions for candidates undertaking the matriculation examinations will be available on the Parliamentary Service Commission website: www.parliament.go.ke/vacancies
3. The position of Food and Beverage Controller III PSC 6 was non-responsive and therefore will be re-advertised.
4. Candidates shortlisted to undertake matriculation examination for the positions of Sales Officer II (PSC 9) and Senior Marketing Officer (PSC 11) shall be notified of the dates and times of their respective exams at a later date.
5. Applicants who have not been shortlisted despite meeting all the qualifications as advertised and who wish to APPEAL may download and fill the Job Application Appeals Form from the Parliamentary Service Commission website (www.parliament.go.ke) and submit their appeal to: email@example.com by 5.00pm on 4th March, 2022, strictly following the guidelines provided in the form.
6. Candidates are advised to enable receipt of promotional text messages on their phones so as to be able to receive text messages from the Parliamentary Service Commission through the BUNGE_INFO bulk SMS platform. For those with Safaricom lines, this can be done by dialing *456*9*5*5*1#
7. A help desk has been established to respond to any enquiries relating to the matriculation exercise ONLY. In this regard, candidates may email their queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or contact the help-desk through the following telephone numbers: +254202221291 or +254202848000 or mobile number: +254113522445 or +254738663100
8. All communication relating to the processing of the applications shall be only through the Parliamentary website, SMS from BUNGE_INFO or PARL_INFO and / or the online recruitment system emails.
The Parliamentary Service Commission does not charge any fees at any stage during the recruitment and selection process and has not appointed any agents for purposes of this recruitment exercise.
Friday, February 18, 2022
JOB ADVERTISEMENT- DIRECTOR, PARLIAMENTARY BUDGET OFFICE (PSC SCALE 16)
The Parliamentary Service Commission invites applications from energetic and results-oriented individuals interested in serving in the position of Director, Parliamentary Budget Office (PSC Scale 16) for a term of five years with eligibility for re-appointment for one further term of five years.
The particulars of the vacancy are as indicated below;
Duties and Responsibilities
i. Head of the directorate, responsible for providing overall direction and administration of the directorate including provision of team leadership, guidance and technical expertise on Fiscal Management, liaising with other Parliamentary departments, other Government departments and public sector players.
ii. Formulating the Directorate’s Annual Work Plan around the Budget Calendar and enforcing its implementation.
iii. Providing the Framework for regular Budget briefings to MPs and Committees.
iv. Planning and facilitating Budget workshops for Members of Parliament.
v. Commissioning relevant Budget analysis and research on specific area(s) of interest as may be necessary.
vi. Overseeing the assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of Government Policy Options.
vii. Ensuring provision of professional, timely and objective National Budget related information to relevant House Committees and Members.
viii. Advising on suitable organizational arrangements for planning and coordinating budgetary policies and activities.
Requirements for Appointment:
For appointment to this position a candidate must: -
i. Have a Masters degree in Economics or its equivalent from a recognized university;
ii. Have ten (10) years relevant work experience in public finance related area, three (3) of which must have been at the level of Chief Fiscal Analyst or similar position in the public service;
iii. Have sound knowledge of National Budget process and fiscal policy analysis;
iv. Be a team builder with excellent supervisory skills;
v. Have a proven record of research on finance related issues; and
vi. Be a strategic thinker with very good performance track record.
Applications must include a cover letter, copies of academic certifications and/or testimonials and a duly completed Parliamentary Service Commission Job Application Form (Form 1J), which can be downloaded from www.parliament.go.ke or obtained from the Ground Floor, County Hall, Parliament Buildings.
Applications should be addressed to -
Clerk of the Senate/Secretary,
Parliamentary Service Commission,
P.O. Box 41842 — 00100,
Hand delivered during office hours to the Office of the Head of the Commission Secretariat, 1st Floor, County Hall, Parliament Buildings
emailed as a PDF file attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received on or before 3rd March 2022.
Please note: Applications from applicants who do not complete the Parliamentary Service Commission Job Application (Form 1J) referred to in this advertisement will NOT be considered.